Prestige Philately Auction 232 CatalogueCOMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA - KGV Heads - Single Watermark
Jump To Lot
- Click on the Image for a Larger Image Version.
- Check on our symbols and terminology.
- PDF Version available
Displaying 1 - 20 of 57 Lots in Category - COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA - KGV Heads - Single Watermark
This & the next 16 lots - and the similar offerings under each watermark - are neatly annotated studies on Hagners with wide arrays of mint & used shades, numerous plated examples including many with listed varieties, 'OS' & other punctures, etc, also some postmark interest. The condition is rather variable so personal inspection is highly recommended. Ex "Novocastrian".
HALFPENNY: Noted 'Cypress' green mint blocks of 4 & 6, 'CA' Monogram Electro 1 pair & Electro 4 strip of 3, punctured 'OS' Harrison One-Line Imprint pair, Single-Line Perf, etc; Orange with the Watermark Inverted mint block of 12, Harrison Imprint blocks of 4 8 - with the Watermark Inverted - & 14, etc.
(Qty few 100)
ONE PENNY: Violet and Green with a nice range of mint blocks of 4 including with Harrison Imprints, etc.
PENNY HALFPENNY: Black-Brown, Brown & Red-Brown album with Harrison Imprint blocks of 4 x2 and 8 x2.
- Green with several blocks including Harrison Imprint block of 12 (unmounted but a few gumside blemishes), etc.
- Red mint & used array with Printed on the Gum (?) vertical pair, retouches, scratched electros, Electro 23 Dark Bands vertical pair & strip of 3, Cracked Electros ACSC #89(24)f, 89(29)o & 89(U)n, imprints Harrison blocks of 4 (punctured 'OS') & 8, Mullett & No Wmk pair & block of 8, etc. An excellent lot for the specialist.
TWO PENCE: Orange selection with good range of shades including punctured 'OS' (one Dry Ink), varieties including Cracked Electro ACSC #95(1)g, commercial perfins x11, etc; also a few Scarlets.
- Scarlet selection with mint shades, an unlisted exceptionally deep brownish shade U, punctured 'OS' with the Watermark Inverted mint (very lightly mounted) & used, Dry Ink mint x2 & used, varieties include Retouched Face ACSC #96(14)e, etc.
- Brown attractive selection with varieties including '21' at Left ACSC #97(16)f in pair & Missing Frame at Right #97(16)L in a strip of 3, Harrison Imprint block of 4 (the lower units are unmounted, etc.
THREE PENCE: Collection with lots of shades including a few unusually bright ones, at least 40 mint examples, Missing Frame at Right varieties, imprints Harrison pairs x2 & block of 4 and Mullett pair & block of 4.
FOUR PENCE: Orange array sorted primarily by shade with those identified as "lemon-yellow" x55 & "lime-yellow" x12 (make your own decision on these), many listed varieties including some of the better ones, Monogram pairs 'JBC' x2 & 'CA' x3 (one unmounted) and Harrison Imprint pair, etc. A very appealing lot.
- Violet selection with mint x51 singles including punctured 'OS' x2 & 'OS/NSW', also blocks of 4 6 9 & 10 and Harrison Imprint pair (reinforced), range of varieties. Another very attractive lot.
- Blue selection with Cooke mint x20 plus a block of 4 [2R5-6/11-12] with Notch in Upper-Right Frame, White Flaws at U/L & U/R and Thinner 'FOUR PENCE', punctured 'OS' mint x6 including a block of 4 with Horned Emu, etc, Harrison with Watermark Inverted singles x6 (one VFU with 'SOUTH MELBOURNE/7FE24/VIC' cds) & a block of 4, good range of varieties, condition is very mixed.
- Olive wide array of mint & used shades including mint corner strip of 3 ** & block of 4 **, imprints Harrison pair & two blocks of 4 and No Imprint two blocks of 4 (one punctured 'OS').
FOUR PENCE HALFPENNY: Range with mint x15 plus a corner block of 4 (**) and Harrison - trimmed as usual - & Mullett Imprint blocks of 4, punctured 'OS' mint x2 (both with small tonespots), used x2 & a very fine Mullett Imprint pair
FIVEPENCE: Single-Line Perf range including U/R corner block of 4 (**), shades including Dark Chestnut ACSC #122C mint & used (no certificates), Inverted Watermark VFU, Double Perfs single with Broken U/R Corner punctured 'OS', Monogram singles 'JBC' x2 - one punctured 'OS' - & 'CA' (reinforced), good range of scarce varieties. A very good lot.
- Comb Perf selection of mint & used shades with some punctured 'OS', Watermark Inverted VFU, 'JBC' Monogram pair with Retouched U/R Corner & Flaws on 'P' & '5' ACSC #123zb (very fine), Harrison Imprint pair, Rough Paper punctured 'OS' x4 (one with BSAP Certificate), etc. Another good lot.
ONE SHILLING FOUR PENCE: Selection with a good range of varieties including Thick '1' mint in a pair, unused x2 & used, Imprints Harrison pair (very fine, only slightly trimmed) and Mullett two pairs - one punctured 'OS' - & an irregular block of 8 with Thick '1', etc, quite a bit of toning.
½d green upper-right corner pair from a misguillotined sheet with large-part 'CA' Monogram at the Top, hinge remainders in the margins only, Cat $350+.
½d green Electro 1 'JBC' Monogram block of 4 ACSC #63(1)z, lower units unmounted, thin at L/L corner in the margin, Cat $1000 (for pair). Ex Julian Sterling Part III.
½d green Electro 2 'CA' Monogram lower-right corner block of 6 ACSC #63(2)zb, one upper unit very lightly mounted otherwise unmounted, Cat $1000++ for a mounted corner pair only. Superb!